Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Artwork: Fantasy Twitter/Facebook Covers That Wowed Me

Sooo.... I got a Twitter. URGH.

I have refrained from getting a Twitter since its creation. Then I figured that if I'm serious about a career in anything, I should probably hop on this social networking crap. So. Yes. I think I've only logged in once since I made it. But the point I'm getting to is that while looking for an punchy fantasy cover, I came across some pretty awesome artwork.

Now sadly, I have no idea who the authors or owners of any of them are, so anyone with a clue, leave a comment.



Game Of Thrones: I love how colourful it is! I surprised myself by remembering at least half of the locations and family names by crest and motto.


Brave New World: Whenever I see this image, I think - 'What the hell happened?'


Chained Island: ...made me think of Skyloft. You know, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword? Although Skyloft is above the clouds. High above.


Edge Of The World: Rivers flowing into space? A flat, jagged disc of a world with a grassy top and burning underside? It's so weird, you kind of have to love it.


Mysterious Library: Enchanting. Like all libraries, really.


The Sword and The Dragon: I have never seen a dragon like this before.


Doomsday: Reminds me of The Cats And The Keys again, when heaven falls to earth.


Spellbook: I've seen this image all over google! It's so amazingly detailed though, that's probably why.


Ancient Hellkite: ?! This is. Incredible.


Angel: Angel-Assassin-Magician?


Dragon vs Phoenix vs Dinosaur: This was the cover I chose. Look at those colours. c:


Dragon Of The Deep: I love this one because the dragon looks so sinister.


Potions: This last image gave me an idea! But I'm not going to write it down just get, because I'm getting distracted by too many ideas (e_e). I could use a Focus potion right now.


I thought this was a pretty nice way to start off the Artwork posts, which I've been leading up to for a little while.


Ashana Lian .

6 comments:

  1. Wow - all of these pieces are so beautiful! I especially like the Game of Thrones one, and the Spellbook. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ebony! I definitely agree. There are some incredibly creative minds out there. Thank YOU for commenting. c:

      Delete
  2. Wow, those pictures are stunning! I absolutely love the Game of Thrones one, the Sword and the Dragon, The Spellbook. My absolute favourite has to be the Dragon vs Phoenix vs the Dinosaur/Snake thing - that one is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them :3 One thing that can suck up my time sooo quickly looking for fantasy images online. There's so many good ones! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts